Duragel Gel Polish Base in Color
Our Duragel Gel Polish Base in color offers the perfect texture for strengthening the nail and creating an apex. It’s neither too thick nor too fluid in viscosity, with a self-adjusting texture that speeds up the gel polish process. The base is hard yet flexible enough for gel polish.
Almond – This color base has a peachy undertone, making it ideal for summer days as a standalone color or for combination with others. Depending on your needs and your client’s wishes, you can apply a thinner layer or a thicker one with an apex. The color is semi-transparent.
Duragel color bases can be applied directly to a well-prepared natural nail. However, for more problematic nails, as well as for glitter bases, we recommend using Duragel 1 Step (transparent base). This ensures that you don’t have to remove glitters from the natural nail plate when you do a refill.
- Prepare the nail by pushing/removing excess cuticle.
- Shape the natural nail and prepare it with a file (not a buffer!). Apply nail dehydrator and Magic Airbond.
- If desired, apply Duragel Step 1 and “rub” it well into the nail, sealing the free edges. Cure it, then continue with the selected base color by first applying a sliding layer, rubbing it into the nail (do not cure), and with the second layer, apply the apex and create the nail shape as well as the strength of the nail. The curing time is 90 seconds, only in combi UV/LED lamps of at least 48W.
- If you don’t apply Duragel Step 1 as a base, Duragel color base can be applied directly with the same preparation and in the same way with a sliding layer. We recommend working on one nail at a time, alternating between both hands.
- After curing, if you have minor irregularities, you can degrease the base and gently fix the shape with a fine file or buffer.
- Apply color and shine, or leave the base alone because the colors are beautiful.
Tips & Tricks: You can use Duragel Color bases in many ways – the possibilities are unlimited. They can be used as color bases for gel polish (with or without building the apex, though we recommend building the apex for extra strength and durability to the nail plate). They are also perfect as standalone colors, as a base for French manicures, or as a beautiful soft semi-transparent color on building gel/acrygel. Apply in one layer over the gel for a soft transparent color or in two layers for higher coverage.